One Unicorn Wish

One Unicorn Wish - Judith-Victoria Douglas Reading "One Unicorn Wish", I was immediately reminded of C.S.Lewis' "The Chronicles of Narnia", and not just because each work features a majestic lion. In this marvelous novel, Ms. Douglas has created a truly magical world, peopled by an endearing protagonist and all sorts of other intriguing creatures.

It is the story of a young woman, Madison, who is injured when she takes a fall off her beloved horse, Spirit. Her memory of the present is impaired, so she retreats into a remembered past - a past when, as a girl of ten, she is granted 'one unicorn wish' and ventures into a magical realm called Evernow. Of course, once there, she is given a task to complete - a task that becomes dark and dangerous.

To be sure, there will be tears at the end, and you will find yourself, as I did, wishing this story could go on forever. Truly, this is a wonderful read for any who love magical fantasy worlds peopled by fairies, unicorns, talking lions and other mystical creatures. Ms. Douglas' writing is crisp, clear, and very imaginative. I highly recommend this novel for readers of all ages.